TPA has designated a Privacy Compliance Officer to handle privacy matters and inquiries regarding personal information.
Purposes of Collection, Use, Storage and Disclosure of Personal Information
TPA collects, uses, stores and discloses personal information of users of the App as necessary for the operation of the App, and to provide services to those users. These purposes include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provision of services and products requested by you;
- Responding to queries or requests submitted by you;
- Administering or otherwise carrying out our obligations in relation to any agreement you have with us;
- We may also analyze the personal information provided to us to offer you additional services or products; You may, at any time, advise us that you do not wish to receive such offers from TPA by contacting us using the contact information below;
- Billing for services and products provided to you for which there is a charge;
- Compiling statistics for analytical and marketing purposes; and
- As otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
For example, certain services provided by the App may require use or disclosure of your mobile device’s location, your mobile phone number or a list of the services to which you have subscribed. In addition, this information may be personalized and augmented using information that you input into your mobile device or the App. This personal information will be used, among other things, to provide you with information about your travel itineraries and reservations; provide guidance for navigating airports and cities; provide targeted information, advertisements and other communications to you on nearby digital displays as well as e-mails and text messages; and to allow you to connect, download and purchase content and services made available by those means. TPA will first obtain your express consent before collecting, using or disclosing this location or other information. You may review and change your preferences in this regard at any time. However, use or disclosure of this information may be necessary to provide some of the App’s services.
Transfers of Personal Information
TPA will transfer personal information only if consent is given by the relevant individual or as follows:
1. to businesses that assist TPA in operating TPA or in providing services to TPA’s clients and customers;
2. if TPA is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, personal information may be disclosed and transferred to a third party in connection with due diligence for, and completion of, the transaction;
3. to meet legal obligations such as tax and regulatory reporting; or
4. when otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, such as in response to a subpoena or other legal process.
Protecting Confidential Information, Including Personal Information
TPA protects confidential information of all types, including personal information, with organizational, physical, mechanical and electronic safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information, including encryption and secure server technology where appropriate.
Your personal information may be transferred outside of Canada for processing and storage. We or our service providers may store personal information on servers located in other jurisdictions, including the United States. Please note that privacy laws in such jurisdictions differ from Canadian privacy laws and that in some jurisdictions your personal information may be accessed by law enforcement authorities or the courts in such jurisdictions. You may obtain information and address questions about the privacy policies and practices relating to handling of your personal information outside of Canada by contacting our Privacy Compliance Officer using the contact information below.
Cookies and Other Technologies
Withdrawal of Consent
You may withdraw your consent for collection, use or disclosure of your personal information at any time by contacting us using the contact information below, subject to legal and/or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. We may retain your personal information as required or permitted by applicable law, and for document retention and data backup purposes. You may contact us for information regarding the implications of such withdrawal.
Access, Questions and Concerns
You may submit a written request to access or update your personal information, or if you have questions or concerns about the collection, use, disclosure, amendment or deletion of your personal information.
All correspondence should be sent to the following address:
e-mail to email@example.com or telephone (416) 863-2000
or by writing to: Toronto Port Authority
60 Harbour Street
Last updated March 19, 2015.